The Omicron Hospitality & Leisure Grant is intended to support eligible hospitality, leisure and accommodation businesses, in recognition of the effect that the rise of the Omicron variant may have on their business operations.
Eligible businesses (see below) will receive the following payments:
- a one-off grant payment of £2,667 for properties with an RV of £15,000 or under on the 30th December 2021
- a one-off grant payment of £4,000 for properties with an RV of over £15,000 and less than £51,000 or under on the 30th December 2021
- a one-off grant payment of £6,000 for properties with an RV of exactly £51,000 or over on the 30th December 2021
Your business may be eligible if it is:
- registered for Business Rates with Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council
- in the eligible hospitality, leisure or accommodation sectors as specified by Central Government
- trading on 30th December 2021
You cannot get funding if your business:
- is in administration, insolvent or has been struck off the Companies House register
- has exceeded the permitted subsidy allowance
You must notify Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council if your situation changes and you no longer meet the eligibility criteria.
Application & payment
Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council are currently in the process of identifying those businesses that are eligible for the Omicron Grants.
An email will be issued to those who we believe are eligible for the grant and this will contain a link to the required application form. If you believe that your business is eligible but you have not received an email inviting you to apply by Friday 21st January 2022, please email firstname.lastname@example.org providing your business rates account number and business address.
Please be aware that the closing date for applications to be received in midnight on the 21st February 2022. Any applications received after this date will not be processed.
If your business is not based in Blackburn and Darwen, check your own council website for details on how to claim.
Public houses/pub restaurants
Casinos and gambling clubs
Museums and art galleries
Stately homes & historic houses
Zoos & safari parks
Night clubs & discotheques
Soft play centres or areas
Clubs & institutions
Village halls & scout huts,
cadet huts, etc.
Caravan sites and pitches
Country house hotels
Cottages or bungalows
Canal boats or other
Catered holiday homes